Nina Lee Kew Dress

This is the first project that I made while at home in Australia, however is the last one to make it to the blog. Mostly because as soon as I wear it, I wash it and wear it again! It has been in constant rotation ever since I made it, and even more so now London has finally decided that is summer now!



This is the Kew dress from Nina Lee. Like my other Australia projects, it was something I hadn't made before but that I had fallen in love with when it came out. Specifically, version 2 with the straps and little wings (sleeves?) was really gorgeous and I loved the line drawing.



I always had linen in mind for this dress, so when I went to spotlight I headed straight there. Red is not normally my colour, but this is such a lovely shade I couldn't resist! When I went to look at buttons and they had these lovely ones with exactly the sameshade of red, I knew it was fate! It does wrinkle a little throughout the day but it's nothing major and I don't worry too much about it.



I made a size 12 and it's pretty much bang on. It's not a tight fit but that makes it perfect for summer! It's light and breezy and I love wearing it. The buttons did put up a bit of a fight, as I was using my old machine with a 4 step buttonhole (rather than my British machine which is 1 step) so it took a long time and was quite complicated, but I got through it without any dramas.



I have already cut out my next one and have at least another planned, although perhaps without the flutter sleeves, simply because it makes wearing any kind of jacket a little bit hard. But I love it so much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs