Blackwatch Plaid Ruby


Another blog post, another Ruby! As soon as I saw this lovely plaid cotton, I knew it would be the perfect wintery Ruby dress. I wear it through the winter with tights, it pairs beautifully with all my boots, I can wear it with brightly coloured scarves and accessories if I want... It's the best.


This Ruby is the same size as all my others. Using the length of fabric which I had, I actually wanted to get 2 garments out of the length of fabric. So, in an effort to save fabric I only put the facing inside this one, not a full lining - and I will admit, I will regret it. Every time I put it on I adjust the facing and slightly regret that I didn't fully line it, but once I have it on it's not actually a bother.


The one thing that does actively annoy me about this dress is that I didn't put pockets in it. Mostly that bothers me when I wear it to work (I get given a lot of things and carry a pen at all times), but again, it's clearly not enough of an annoyance to change it, otherwise I already would have!


I'm not sure what else to say about this one, given how many I have made already, so I shall make this one short and just leave some more photos here! Thank goodness for big bay windows and portrait mode on the iPhone...

(What a silly face...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs