Cropped Linden Sweater, for the WFH Wardrobe

After I made the two Moneta dresses back to back very quickly, I moved on to a pattern I've made lots before, but using a new variation. I have been doing a reasonable amount of sewing since schools have been closed - I am still working, but doing distance education stuff from home. Working from home has been a bit of a strange adjustment, which does have some perks, but I have been finding it hard stopping work, when it's right there on my laptop all the time. So I made a schedule, which includes a few hours sewing time each afternoon. This has actually been really great for my sewing productivity and for my mental health as well.


I made another Linden! I already own 4, just not View B. I had wanted to try it though, but I don't have many drapey knits. What I do have in my stash is a set of 5 lengths of knit fabric from Girl Charlee which I won in the SewBrum raffle last year. So this is my chance to sew more knits, as this is not something I usually do and I'm still very much learning about how to sew knits.


One of the knits I got was this beige knit. I didn't get any information from Girl Charlee about the fabrics that I got but this one has a lovely drape and a looped back. It seemed perfect for trying out this pattern, as it does need quite a drapey fabric.


I made an 8, the same size as I have made in the past, and it was a great combination! It's boxy but
not too big in the drapey knit, it was super easy to sew up and because I knew all the steps and the process, it took only a single evening to put together.


I was also a bit worried about the beige washing me out, and I think in a dress it would have, but in a sweater like this one it is actually quite nice. I really like the way it looks with jeans, which is almost a shame because here in the UK, while we may be staying home, it is actually finally spring and the weather has caught up! So it's a bit warm for this one now, but it'll probably cool down again soon. Or for the evenings having virtual happy hour on the balcony, I guess.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs