Plaid Wintery Moneta

 This was my final make for myself of 2020, and it turned out so well! I haven't had much of a chance to wear it yet, but it is comfy and I can see it being very wearable for work and comfy.


This is another Moneta - my fourth (including the striped one, the rainbow striped one, and also one who have yet to be blogged which will be up soon!). I made the same size as usual, M, with the now standard altered sleeve piece (I took 1" out of each underarm seam to make the sleeve less baggy and tapered it to nothing at the elbow). I used the 3/4 sleeve for the most cold weather versatility.


This fabric is a beautiful grey and blue plaid knit fabric I got from Fabworks during my weekend away for the Kelly Anorak meetup at the beginning of September. It is a really lovely fabric - thick but not too heavy. I put the plaid on the bias for the skirt, which serves the dual purpose of additional visual interest and to avoid pattern matching!


Every time I make a Moneta I forget how quick and easy it is! Using a twin needle for hems and the neckline give it such a nice finish and it was made up in a week, while I was working. For me that's actually really fast!


I used a 1.5" deep hem - I really like the weight and look of a deeper-than-average hem so I make that change often. I am looking forward to wearing it one I have a reason to get properly dressed again (the Christmas break has gotten me too used to workout gear and hoodies all day!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs