Monday, 21 April 2014

Sew Dolly Clackett Entry #2 - An Almost-Copy

For my second entry in the Sew Dolly Clackett competition... It's an Eiffel Tower dress! Having obviously seen this fabric heaps on Roisin's blog, I wasn't actually sure it was for me. But it grew on me, and although many of the colourways weren't quite right, you can't really go past black and white, right? Right.



This is actually another Cambie pattern hack as well (the same as my Dorothy dress), as after i finished that one I didn't want a gathered skirt. I had planned to do another with a 1/2 circle skirt, but having not enough fabric meant I self-drafted (if you can call it that) a pleated skirt. That basically means I made it up as I went. I left in the pockets for this one (so amazing and useful!), and the fabric itself is gorgeous and drapy. Again, I cut a straight size 12 for the bodice, and used the complete width of the fabric for the skirt. Lining is plain black polypop (and bemsilk for the skirt lining).



Pleating the skirt kind of meant that it ended up a little like the skirt on the Georgia dress - but only a little. It's not my usual style, but I like the way it looks. More novelty prints for me!



'Dolly Clackett' elements: the pattern (Cambie), the fabric (Michael Miller Eiffel Towers), and the fact it is another pattern hack!

No comments:

Post a Comment