Floral Belladone

Hello lovely people! It's finally getting nice here in Sydney (although I believe it will rain again later in the week), and I have another dress to show you! I think we've allworked out how this works by now. I love to wear dresses, pretty much no matter how cold (well, in Sydney, anyway). And sorry, but this is a quick post - I'm swamped with work today, but wanted to share this one with you anyway!




This lovely is another Deer and Doe Belladone. I've already made this gorgeous pattern a few times, but this one has a few small alterations to the previous one (and I have one in the 'to-take-in' pile as well!). I've gone down a size from my first (to a 42), a pleasant side effect of running, but I have also added little darts on the upper back overlap pieces. I find that the back can gape otherwise, which is a problem I have with a few patterns. Maybe I have narrow shoulders? Anyway, other than those few changes, this is exactly as is.


I love the cutout in the back so much. This lovely fabric is from Spotlight, from their quilting section. I'm working on steering myself away from quilting cottons and onto more apparel fabrics, but when I saw this one, I couldn't resist! I love the pattern and the colours.


There's not much else to say on this one. I have had it in the cupboard for a few months, and I wear it often, which is of course an excellent sign! It's mildly annoying to wear with stockings because it's unlined, but I can get over that. And obviously, I have been wearing it with stockings. I'm still tempted to put a lining in it in the future though... Maybe.




Photo credit goes to David this time, with posing assistance from my MumHope you all are having a lovely day!

Comments

  1. I have a simplicity 1803 made from the same fabric. The colours and design is just so gorgeous isn't it! Your dress looks fantastic :-) but I can't believe your wearing dresses already, I'm in Newcastle and still freezing. Spring can't come fast enough in my opinion

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs