Starry Night Dress

Hello everyone! Long time no... post? What a weird turn of phrase. ANYWAY... I won't bore you with many legitimate but not-all-together-adequate reasons. I'll just show you a pretty dress!


_79A3291
(All the poses in this post are super awkward and weird, just FYI. Pretty sure these are the most accurate pictures of me so far on this blog!)


This gorgeousness was a long time coming. I bought the fabric quite early on, really, in my sewing journey - and for one reason. GLOW IN THE DARK STARS. I couldn't not buy it, right? It's a Michael Miller cotton called Star Magic (DG0605-NITE-D), I'm pretty sure I bought it at Fabric.com (I buy a lot there, lets be honest - I'm waiting on some fabric as we speak!).


_79A3373
(I think maybe my face is so awkward because there were people walking past and staring at me... I am an awkward turtle.)


The photos of this may not be the best - we were losing the light as we shot, but it's a gorgeous mottling of dark blue to black, with stars all over it. The stars, when you have been outside a bit, glow in the dark when you go back inside!

_79A3370


I chose the Belladone by Deer and Doe to make this up in, as I thought it would showcase the gorgeous fabric perfectly. Also, I love pockets! My original grand plan, however, didn't work. I wanted to use glow in the dark bias to complement the stars, but for the life of me couldn't find it anywhere!! I settled for dark blue in the end, it works, but I'm not 100% happy with it. It's the best it can be given the restraints.

_79A3351[


Despite not having had the chance to show off the glowing much yet, I adore this dress, it's fit, and it's awesomeness. It's quickly become one of my favourites!

I'll be back soon with more gorgeous things from my wardrobe soon, I promise. They will be very out of order, but they'll be here.

[Photos from the Boyfriend's Flickr page. He's my ever patient and wonderful photographer!)

Comments

  1. Beautiful dress and a great photo shoot, thanks for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs