Brown Corduroy Chardon (a TNT Pattern)

Happy Monday everyone! And an especially happy Monday to my lovely friends in the ACT - lucky things, they have a public holiday today. But I don't feel that bad, because I'm on holidays anyway.

Today I have my latest version of one of my TNT patterns - Deer and Doe's Chardon skirt. I ADORE this skirt, and have made it 5 times so far (although only 1 other has made it to the blog - I need to fix that!). Find my first version in black twill here! As well as this, I have one in navy with red trim, denim (the ultimate skirt in my wardrobe), and grey cordouroy (which is in the mending pile due to a small hole). So definitely a TNT pattern then!


I made my usual size for this one (44), with no alterations except raising the hemline slightly. I love the autumnal vibe this one has, and it goes equally well with stockings or bare legs. This shade of brown is practically a neutral, right? I went for contrast with the pockets, using a dark green fat quarter from my stash and matching bias binding to make the insides more pretty. I really appreciate taking the time to do a nicer finish - it feels more professional and didn't take all that much extra time.


The fabric is another super find from Achieve Australia (also known as the Fabric Cave) in Meadowbank. I've seen many cordouroy skirts popping up in stores lately, and I decided I needed one of my own. I also picked up a length of fabric in navy blue, which I think will one day be an A-line skirt. I just love the colour - as I was making it, I worried it might be too close to my skin tone, but I think it's perfect. I love this top with it (a RTW favourite from Just Jeans), but have also worn it with green and black and it looks just as good.


The reason this pattern is a TNT for me is the shape. It is fitted at the waist, but flares out at the hip - making it stylish and comfortable (especially for my job running around with primary school kids). The style is very classic and goes with all kinds of tops. Really, I'm starting to think I should be some kind of ambassador for Deer and Doe... 3 of my most worn patterns are Chardon (1 + 3 unblogged), Datura (4 unblogged), and Belladone (1, 2 + 2 unblogged). They just seem to fit straight out of the envelope, and they look so lovely on! I wear a D&D pattern at least 4 times a week! Deer and Doe, if you're reading this, feel free to get in touch ;)


Anyway, I think that's all I have for today. Back to making - I have my post-wedding dress to finish (M6696 in Liberty lawn)! I would like to know though, what are your TNT patterns? What patterns would you recommend?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs