Purple Winter Skirt


This skirt is really a winter exclusive, due to the fabric. It is a wool blend, I think, and is a very warm fabric with quite a lot of body. It gives this skirt a really cut look and holds the shape of the skirt. I picked it up from Walthamstow at Saeeds, loving the winter vibe and the purple colour. I used it to make a self drafted 1/4 circle skirt. I used the By Hand London circle skirt calculator with the 1/4 circle and the mini length. It is hemmed using bias tape to keep as much of the length of possible.


After finishing it and trying it on, it was gaping at the waist, so I took the zipper out and reinserted it, taking a diagonal wedge out towards the top. In retrospect, I should have made a shaped waistband instead of just using a rectangle.


Since I made that waistband adjustment, I have lost a little bit of weight so the skirt is a little loose. However, it actually make it perfect for winter wear, because it fits perfectly when you take a winter sweater and tuck it in!


Now that the weather has decided to warm up, this skirt will get tucked away into the cupboard ready for next winter and it will see a lot of wear again then!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs