Flashback - Vintage Flowers: Aqua

This fabric I have had for a long time - there was a sale, I saw it there... I had to have it. I can't remember what it is called or where I bought it, but it is a poly cotton with a nice drape to it. 




A perfect pairing to the harder version of New Look 6208, View C, with V back and straps and bows! This was the reason I bought the pattern in the first place, for the bow back!


(Excuse the black - that would be my bra strap!)


As the last time I found the neckline a bit wide, I graded the pattern to a 14 at the neck. The waist still needed reducing at the waist 2" (more than las time to account for the ease of the fabric). After I completed this dress and left it to hang, it stretched more than I'd anticipated. I had to restitch the zipper, side seam and bottom hem. I also lifted the shoulder seams 1cm to realign the back straps with my bra back (and as you can see in one photo, you can still see the black of my bra there - sorry about that)


 
(See? BOWS!)


New skills: bows!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs