Sixties Awesomeness

Hi guys, long time no post! Sorry about that, I won't go into too much detail, but lately has been  busy and the weather has been less than excellent. But I had to come back now...

When Tilly and the Button's newest pattern, Francoise, was released, I did a little happy dance. You can see from my other posts that I mostly make one kind of style - fitted bodice with a bigger skirt. But after I made my 3-quarter circle skirt (found here), I had some fabric left over. In fact I thought I had just enough to make... A 60s a-line dress. (Anyone else a big fan of the children's book Something From Nothing? I loved it as a kid.) And just as I was about to go buy Simplicity 1609, Tilly announced her new pattern, the Francoise!! It was a match made in heaven. My first one (which I actually have no photos of, yet) was made using the leftover fabric. The pattern is gorgeous and I actually love it on me. I can cut a size 4 and it's a perfect fit too, which is excellent. But there wasn't quite enough plaid, and it's not quite matching. It's good enough for me to wear, but not to enter in a competition!

So I went looking for some fabric for another one. And I found a duck. A cotton duck, that is. From Spotlight. I love the finished dress, and FINALLY got a photo of it last night in the park near our place. Here is my Francoise photo for the #sewingFrancoise contest:



I spent a long time working on pattern matching this, and it is by far the best I've ever done! I love the fabric and how striking it is. The pattern is really simple and easy to put together, but is a really striking silhouette. I really love it!

I hope to take more photos soon of my other makes (although at the moment, very few are for me between Christmas presents and commissions for a friend!), and I shall try and make sure I'm back soon! Hope you're having a lovely day, and if you stuck with me through the whole post, congratulations!!!

Comments

  1. It looks so beautiful on you. The pattern matching is awesome. I bought the pattern as my Christmas present and your finished dress is so inspiring, I can't wait to get started :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! I'm very pleased with my pattern matching efforts (I find it really hard because cutting is the most boring part of sewing). I'm glad I could inspire someone - I'm sure yours will be awesome!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs