Snuggly's; or, the Carolyn Pajamas

While I was at home waiting on the new visa processes, I had 2 months in which to sew. I finished 3 projects, of which this is the 2nd one. These are the Carolyn PJs.



I bought the pattern in the Black Friday sale last year, as it wasn't a pattern I thought I'd use a lot. For actual sleeping, I tend to just use a cotton night shirt (a longer t-shirt) rather than pajamas that intense, but I knew they'd be perfect for lounging around the flat when we got back into the London spring. And I was right, they are definitely my most worn me-mades of late!



As with the other projects from Australia, the fabric is from Spotlight and is a lovely navy/red flanelette check with a touch of white. I took a poll of some of my non-sewing friends, who voted red piping instead of white, so I went with that as well.



I made the long trousers view (View B), with piping at the cuffs and along the collar. The only thing I omitted was the pocket on the top, purely because I knew I wouldn't use it. It was my first collar of this kind and my first piping, and it went very smoothly!



I did my best to pattern match for this and I feel like it was pretty successful. It meant I had to cut the trouser cuffs several times but it was worth it and the pattern called for much more fabric than I actually needed.

In short, this pattern is lovely and I wear it a lot! I'm already thinking about a summer lounging set in navy lawn with some silver piping I bought in Hong Kong... Just need the fabric!



And here's an outtake for you - once we extended the sofa for these photos it was hard to keep our kitten Natalya away! She was so curious so I tried to include her... But it didn't go quite the way I expected!


(The kitten in question - our youngest, Natalya)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs