Victoria and Albert Museum: Dior, Designer of Dreams

A week ago, I had the amazing opportunity through the Husband's work to go to the V&A for a corporate late night. I had missed out on booking tickets to the Dior exhibition and had resigned myself to having to go over the summer break and line up for returns or last minute tickets, until Husband messaged me with the ticket. I could not have said yes faster!




The event included 3 events, 2 of which are the fashion exhibits currently running. After arriving we had ourselves a nice gin and tonic and a snack before heading into the Dior exhibition first. This turned out to be the perfect plan, as by the time we left the queue was about 5 times as long as when we went in.




The dresses were just... To die for. For anyone who has read my blog before (probably only 2 people, I love the New Look silhouette and wear it probably 5 days a week. To see the original designs was so inspiring. I actually really preferred some of the original Dior designs to the more modern looks designed by the lead designers after Dior passed away.



I was kind of rushed through the exhibit by the Husband, who was much more interested in the food exhibit than the fashion. But I could have spent hours there!



We also checked out the Mary Quant, which is much less my style, but interesting to me from a British history point of view instead. The 60s fashion is great to look at but it's not my aesthetic so I admired it from more of a distance.




In fact, I think I will try and go again over the summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs