Fabric Quandries: Decisions, Decisions

No new photos today, folks. My regular photographer ran his first real (Olympic plus distance) triathlon today and we are both much too tired! So instead, I have a question. Or a quandary.

While I was waiting for the race to finish, I grabbed some pencils to match fabric swatches. My current queue is one Kew dress, and then my next BIG project - a Closet Case files Sophie swimsuit! I am equal parts intimidated and excited for this project.

Notions were actually quite easy to get - I just ordered a basic kit from Emerald Erin in nude and it has everything that I will need! So that was easy.

I have spent an reasonable amount of time looking for fabric, before deciding on a splurge from Blackbird Fabrics. I've never ordered from them before but have been looking for an opportunity for a while, so I order 3 fabrics which I thought would coordinate with the thought to mix and match across a bikini.



So I spent a few hours colouring in some of the croquis, using the closest colours that I had. And when we got home, I asked the Husband about his thoughts - and his thoughts were that none of the fabrics really coordinated! It turns out we have very different idea of how it coordinates.



So now I'm glad that I have time to think while I make my Kew, so I can fully plan this out. I want it done by October, when we have a resort break planned, to wear around and in the pool. So I better get plotting!

Any advice?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs