Simple Sew Ruby #3

After finishing my more complicated makes in Australia, I really felt like I needed a palate cleanser. So I picked up the Simple Sew Ruby, which I had bought from Amy of Almond Rock in an instagram sale a while back. Actually, this is the third I’ve made but the first to make it to the blog (I’m hoping to eventually catch up to all my current makes, but we’ll see). In this version, I decided to leave out the pockets, which I do kind of regret, and I lined the bodice instead of using the facings - personal preference.



This gorgeous soft cotton is from Paris, which I bought about a year ago on a solo trip from one of the stores at the foot of the Sacre-Couer in Montmatre. That’s my favourite place to buy fabric in Paris and I picked up a few pieces (5) on this trip. This was always going to be a Ruby after the success of my other checked Ruby which I wear especially with tights and boots in colder weather. This one is a little better without tights, I think.



(I’m also wearing my new favourite shoes in these photos - they’re from Clarks and so comfy even with a heel!)



I love the back bodice V on this pattern, the front is perfect for wearing on the weekend or at work (I’m a teacher), and the full skirt is perfect for all activities - although I don’t wear it on the windiest days! Otherwise it can become a full Marilyn over the subway impression very quickly. It is a little short so I think next time I’ll extend it - this is the pattern length, and I think it’s just a touch short for more fancy/less casual occasions. This version I even used bias as the hem to save on length.



I do adore this pattern though and will definitely make more!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs