True TNT; an Ogden Cami

This is the first of several posts featuring an Ogden cami  While that might not be so exciting, seeing as I’ve made several (up to 5 in my wardrobe?), I do feel like I should be realistic about what I’m both sewing and wearing - and these got a lot of both over the last few months!



This Ogden I made with a lovely rayon I bought in Barcelona on my girls summer trip! I totally detoured us away from Casa Battlo (after we were finished there, of course) to a local Ribes y Casals to check things out. There was lots I liked, but I picked up this rayon-esque fabric as well as another. I think they’re rayon but all I think it said was 100% cotton - also, I don’t speak Spanish. I was drawn to the print because I thought they looked like moons, and they were beautiful!



In a nice twist, these photos were taken in Mallorca on our half term break, so back in Spain! This was simply my regular size (8), with the lining extended again to go past the apex of my bust. Otherwise I find you can see the line under the outside of the top, which isn’t the best look and makes it rides up as you wear it.



Making Ogden’s has been interesting, as most have been different fabric compositions and companies. So each one I have behaves differently. Some I have I can tuck in to a high waisted skirt, and others are too stiff that if I do, they balloon out and look weird. Rayon is perfect for all the uses, being light and flowy to wear on it’s own or able to tuck in. Obviously here I’ve gone with shorts (these are unblogged Grainline Maritime shorts in navy linen which get a lot of wear whenever it’s warm) but have also worn it for work tucked in to my trusty black Chardon skirt.

Not much else to say, I guess, on this one. It’s great and I wore it a lot, although it is sadly hiding in the cupboard until the weather gets warmer in England in approximately 6 months! But it’ll get a lot of wear in the future.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs