Summery Carolyn Pajama Set

Double gauze first came onto my radar when I saw a few other makers making Myosotis dresses out of it. I've not sewn with it before but I was intrigued about it! So I bought some in this gorgeous navy blue from Fabric Godmother, but while I have some more for a Myosotis cut out, this one I thought would make excellent summer pajamas.


I made the same size as my last set of Carolyns, a 10 in View C with the piping. I had always planned a pair in navy but was planning to use lawn. This was a better use of the fabric - it's light and breezy and very soft - perfect for lounging.


I used the silver piping I bought in Hong Kong several years ago, and sparkly buttons which I bought last year in John Lewis (like a magpie because I apparently am attracted to shiny things!). It gives this set a real fancy touch. It was a little bit frustrating to work with, as it turns out the piping unravels very fast, but a little bit of fray stop and some hidden zigzagging solved that problem pretty satisfactorily.


I should have actually made this in a plain fabric first, before a plaid. Although thinking back on it, maybe using plaid first was a good idea - with no pattern matching or fancy cutting to worry about - this version felt like it went together really quickly!


I used my previous Carolyn set to determine if I actually needed buttonholes that functioned and learned - nope! I can get this on and off without any real buttonholes... So it doesn't have any. Why add extra work when you don't need to?! It is super comfy, and I envision spending many a chilled summer day and evening wearing these around the house!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs