The Coolest Fabric Ever?; Popsicle Moneta

This make is the last from batch 2 of my photographing technique. This was one of the dresses I made in lockdown #1, actually, in May of 2020. I got a tipoff from my fabulous sewing friend Chloe about some amazing fabric she had seen online. It was from 1st for Fabrics, and it was a UV reactive fabric! This sounded really interesting, so I jumped online a bought this fabric (which is not the same print, but another very cool one). I wanted to get something lighter in colour for the spring and summer months, as I don't actually wear very much in cream or white that isn't a plain tank top!

This is another Colette Moneta, but rather than the 3/4 sleeve for a more summery look. This meant I needed to reprint the sleeve  piece in the short sleeve length (as I had 3/4 printed previously). I made the same size M (8-10) as usual and made the same adjustment to the sleeve as on my other sleeve piece by removing 1" out of width of the sleeve head.

Really there's not much to say about the construction of this dress, but this fabric is super cool! Sadly, the sunlight on the day that I took these photos stubbornly refused to make a true appearance, so the photo below is the best that I could get. I can't wait until the weather is warm and sunny again so that I can show this dress off in it's true form... It looks like cream with speckles, but in fact in the light about a third of them turn into popsicles! I also know it will be a real hit with my students when I can finally wear this to school.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs