The Most Successful Toile; A Myosotis Trial (and Toile)

Hiya all! Now that I have posted all my catching up makes, I am up to the most current makes! I have developed a new strategy - spend the half term (or part of the holidays) cutting out things and then I have lots of projects set up for the term time, when I can actually only get a half hour or so of sewing time in and I don't have time to cut things out! I cut out 6 things for the last half term and all but two are finished (I have one dress which isn't even started, but also a bomber which only needs a zipper which is almost finished!), so I'm currently at the point where I'm thinking about the next set of things.


Add to that the fact that I finally got a hair cut (thanks to lockdown easing!), so I thought I'd snap a few pictures of my most recent batch of makes. This dress is potentially the most successful thing I've ever made - definitely the best toile! I've worn it at least once a week since I made it - sometimes 3 times in a week, when I'm at home and nobody can judge me!


This is the Deer and Doe Myosotis dress. I sized down for this one as the pattern is designed to be oversized - as it is I think it's the right amount of oversized in this size. I can also still get it on and off without having functional buttonholes, which is easy and will save me time in the next version! I sewes up a size 42 as I'm normally a D&D 44


This one has the tiered ruffle skirt from View A, but the regular sleeves from View B. I found the instructions pretty logical - with the exception of the collar. Later I realised that this was entirely user error due to me misreading the instructions doing this kind of collar for the first time. For the next one, I watched a quick Youtube video, realised my mistake, and it went in super smoothly!


This gorgeous fabric is from the mill shop in Fabworks. It's another one of the pieces I picked up when I went up for the Sheffield Sewcial Anorak August meetup. It's a gorgeous 100% cotton fabric, with a really soft, almost brushed texture to it. It's absolutely gorgeous to wear!


I did have a bit drama with this skirt though. I had bought 3.5 or 4m of this fabric - plenty for the dress and enough to make something else, or so I thought. Except when I went to assemble the skirt I realised that the fabric had not been lined up on the plaid part straight. It meant it order to pattern match (which I did pretty well in the end!) that I had to trim the skirt panels. Only problem was that they were then too short to make the skirt work without being indecent! So I had to completely recut the skirt. I'm really glad I bought so much fabric and in the end I used the first set of skirt panels to cut out some of the pieces for my Closet Core Pouf. And the end result looks so good!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs