Linen Maritime Shorts

Here is a real wardrobe workhorse - these Maritime Shorts must have been worn hundreds of times since I made them!


These shorts were made before our trip home to Australia for Christmas 2018. It turns out that it was perfect timing - I had already made the Ogden which I am wearing in these pics, and I knew that a navy pair of shorts would be perfect for my wardrobe.


This linen  is a fabric I picked up from Guthrie and Ghani, and the lining in the pockets is the scraps of Liberty lawn from the dress I made for the bbq the day after my wedding. I actually still have enough to make another set of pockets out of it, so I will be keeping it and making it last as long as humanly possible. It's such a nice lining and of course compliments the linen perfectly.


These were the 'real' shorts that my starry print ones were the test for. Making those, they came out a little bit big so for this pair I went down a size and they were perfect! They fit really well, and I got the buttonhole round the right way first time this time too! I really like the pocket design of this pattern, and when I made my Lander shorts I transferred the back pocket pattern piece from this over.


Unfortunately I don't think I have much more need for Maritime Shorts in my life. I do have a cornflower blue twill I got from the Village Haberdashery which may become a pair at some point, although it may not stay blue? I definitely think in terms of wardrobe wearability I need some black shorts, then I don't NEED any others... But I do like them a lot!


I really like the way these are wearing! They only get more comfy and I love the worn in look they have. Navy goes with almost everything in my wardrobe and these are the shorts I go for the most as soon as the weather is nice enough to get my legs out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs