Blackwatch Plaid Chardon



This skirt is something that I don't do very often - making 2 things from the same fabric! This is a Chardon skirt. Again. You will have seen it before a bunch of other times. I've made it in black (twice), in brown corduroy, in blue and red... I love it.


After making the Blackwatch Plain Ruby dress, which I love, I realised that I had heaps left over. Like, a lot. So I did what any self-respecting sewist would do. I used the same fabric to make a skirt!


I cut my usual size, which is a 44 and it still fits great. I used bias for the hem and it looks great, and I used a lightweight slinky poly lining from my stash for the pockets.


Not much else to say other than it gets a lot of wear and it's another great cold weather option!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs