The most comfy; Plaintain PJs


When I made my Plantain tees, I was intending on making some making changes to the pattern. Well, this is the first iteration of them - as pajamas. My favourite pajamas to wear are from Primark. They're a long tee style that covers the butt and they're made of jersey fabrics. I decided that I wanted to try making my own!

I used the short sleeve version of the pattern again. I compared the length of my favourite RTW pajamas and lengthened the Plantain pattern 7.5" to match the length. I also compares the waist curve (based on my original adjustment) and realised that it was almost exactly the same which is great because I didn't need to change that at all.

I used this John Kaldor viscose jersey in both mustard and black. This was to be the first part of my me made pajama wardrobe and will match with the bottom half fabrics I bought which are Robert Kaufman Mammoth Cotton Flannel. I ordered them from Minerva and these are the first pieces to be finished because the flannels didn't arrive for a while (they were delayed quite a while, unfortunately). This viscose jersey is lovely to wear, drapey and cool to the touch. As pajamas it doesn't feel like I'm wearing pajamas at all!

I think this fabric wasn't the ideal thing for these pajamas - it's lovely to wear but it was finicky to sew and doesn't skim over me like I had hoped it would. I do wear them but they're not as flattering as I had hoped even though they are supremely comfy. But the length and pattern are perfect so I know I'll make some more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit